Contemporary Kitchen Design Perth
Design trends come and go but one thing always stays the same: the kitchen is the heart of every home. Whether it’s a 1 x 1 apartment, or a family home with an open design following the latest European trends, kitchen design needs to reflect the people who use it the most.
What is contemporary kitchen design?
Modern kitchens are designed to look light and sleek, and open up space in the home. Gone are the days when the kitchen was closed off in a separate part of the house – contemporary kitchen design blends the kitchen seamlessly in to living spaces.
Here are some style tips for a functional contemporary kitchen design that won’t go out of date in a hurry:
- Blend modern and rustic styles using polished stone benches and wooden cabinets
- Staying on the stone bench trend, use the main preparation area as a feature by creating a sleek stone island to merge kitchen and living areas
- Stainless steel sinks blend beautifully with white or light marbled stone. Consider installing hanging pendant feature lights to brighten the space
- Extend the bench tops a little and get some high stools for a casual eating arrangement when the formal dining setting feels like overkill
- Minimalism is on trend; replacing columns and dark bulky surfaces with sleek functional cabinets using materials like 2-pac lacquer is a great way to maximise under-bench storage and give the kitchen a higher, more open feeling
- Where space is at a premium, talk to KBL Remodelling about innovative storage methods like swing-out corner cupboards and split drawer dishwashers
Staying on the leading edge of kitchen design doesn’t have to cost a fortune. With a bespoke contemporary kitchen designed by KBL Remodelling and built right here in Perth, you can have the latest look built to suit your budget, your home, and your lifestyle. Contact us to find out how.